Welcome to First Communion preparation! What a wonderful and exciting time!
This year we will focus on gaining a deeper understanding of the Mass. It will be very important that you attend Mass on Sunday with your child (in person or online). Teach them and show them your love for the Blessed Sacrament.
You will also need to work with your child to prepare them for First Reconciliation, which can many times be much more nerve wracking than First Communion.
First Communion preparation is a 2 year process. During the first year children will participate in basic Catholic Faith Formation (or attend Sacred Heart School) then during their second consecutive year they will participate in both Catholic Faith Formation Classes (or attend Sacred Heart School) AND Sacrament Preparation Classes. This year we are going to learn how to make a good confession. We will practice examination of our souls. We will learn on a deeper level what is happening during Mass. And, of course, prepare our students to receive Communion.
First Reconciliation & First Communion
Information for 2020-2021
Paper registration packets available at the Parish office. If you have any questions contact Mary Stallard at the Parish office or by submitting a form on this page.
Is your child eligible for First Communion?
- Is your family registered members of Sacred Heart Church?
- Student must be baptized (Please provide copy)
- Is Student at least 7 years old & in Grade 2 or higher?
- Children must be in their 2 consecutive year of Faith Formation. Children who have regularly attended Parish Religious Ed 2019-2020 OR are currently attending Sacred Heart School.
- Students should participate in Mass on Sundays (online if not in-person)
- Registration is complete when form, payment & Baptism Certificate are submitted
- 6 bi-monthly Parent/Child 60 minute Sunday workshops at Sacred Heart School (or via Zoom/FaceTime/online) mornings classes for First Reconciliation & 1 Retreat
- Parent “Forgiven” Video series from FORMED.org
- First Reconciliation Night January 2021
- 6 bi-monthly Parent/Child 60 minute Sunday Eucharist morning classes & workshops at Sacred Heart School (or via Zoom/Facetime/or online & 1 Retreat
- Parent “Presence” Video series from FORMED.org
- First Communion Mass May 2021
Costs and Rates
- Required: Sacrament Preparation Fees for 1 child = $40
- For 2 Children = $50
- For 3 Children = $60
- The deadline for regular registration is September 19th. No Registration or Sacrament Preparation after September 30!
Please note this fee is a completely separate program fee from K–8 Grade Religious Education